Friday, May 7, 2010

Replete Providore Hawthorn


This morning myself and 4 girlfriends went off to Replete Providore in Barkers Road, Hawthorn for breakfast. It was winner of best breakfast restaurant 2009. I had eaten there a few years ago but was keen to try it again.

We sat in the back part of the cafe which was good because we were away from the hustle and bustle of the main front. We ordered coffees, my friend ordered a 'large' coffee- expecting a mug size- and it came out in a milkshake sized glass! It was huge! Luckily, the coffee was really good.

I chose their award winning dish- ricotta hotcakes with lemon curd and strawberries. It came with 3 hotcakes- but I could only fit in two! The lemon curd was what really made the dish, it had a tangy tart flavour and a beautiful creamy texture. The hotcakes I found were a little a little dry and starchy, and they could have been a bit more generous with the strawberries. I enjoyed them, but next time will try something else! Atmostphere of the cafe was great, definitely book if you plan to try it as there were people queing out the front waiting for a table.
Overall: 6.5/10

2 comments:

  1. WOW! katie this looks yummy all those flavours must have tasted amaing together. Maddie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replete is across the road from my work. Their food is generally excellent. I love the lemon curd, it definitely makes the dish. You should try Porgy and Mr Jones which is near the corner of Riversdale and Auburn rd (not far from Replete)

    ReplyDelete